THEALE, UK, June 23, 2012: A wide range of garden retailers and plant buyers from across the country are set to come along to the third HTA National Plant Show which takes place on 26 and 27 June at Stoneleigh Park near Coventry.
Advance visitor registration numbers are up significantly on 2011 and include garden retailers such as: Aylett Nurseries, Alton GC, B&Q, Baytree Nurseries, Blue Diamond GCs, Burston GC, Capital Gardens, Coolings, Dobbies, Garden and Leisure, Hilliers, Garden Centre Group, Garsons GC Golden Acres, Gordale Nursery GC, Grosvenor GC, Haskins GCs, Henry Street GC, Homebase Planters, Poplars Nursery GC, St Peters GC, Stewarts Gardenlands, Hillview Group and Van Hage.
The show, sponsored by Hortipak, is now officially sold out with a total of 180 stands, up 26% on 2011 with Springwood Nursery from Bristol securing the last stand at the show. In total 139 companies are represented at the show a 21% increase on last year including seed and bulb suppliers, growers of bedding plants, hardy nursery stock, trees and specimen plants. Interest in the New Plant Awards continues to grow with over 100 entries confirmed this year.
HTA Director of Business Development Tim Briercliffe comments, “We are hugely encouraged that this year’s show is a complete sell out and that advance visitor registrations are well ahead the same time last year. Building on from the previous two year’s the show is the place to be when it to comes to viewing the best of the UK plant market and, with such an overwhelming response to the New Plant Awards, a great showcase for new and innovative plants.”
Key features at the show include:
• New Plant Awards, sponsored by ProVar, to be announced on the 26 June (am)
• Visitor Vote Awards, sponsored by Floramedia, to be announced on 27 June (pm)
• Best Plant Display Award to be announced on 27 June (am)
• Seminar programme, sponsored by HTA Insurance Services, including Dan Heims from Terra Nova Nurseries, Plant retail consultant Jim Teague and Pat FitzGerald of FitzGerald Nurseries
• International Breeders Showcase
• British Plant Fair’s MarketPlace – for buying plants on the day
• New Merchandising feature connecting plants with people developed by The Gardenworks and Hortipak
• New for 2012 – an HTA National Plant Show app, developed and sponsored by IT Genetics, with live twitter feed and flickr photostream
For advance HTA National Plant Show visitor registration and further information visit www.nationalplantshow.co.uk or email email@example.com