ANGERS, France, June 5, 2012: Supported by the International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS) and the competitiveness cluster, Vegepolys, the 2nd Symposium on Horticulture in Europe (SHE) is a gathering of national societies for horticultural science in Europe. Its general purpose is to contribute to uniting European strengths in the area of horticultural research and education and to increase their visibility at the international level.
SHE 2012 is organized by AGROCAMPUS OUEST in partnership with INRA (Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique), CIRAD (Centre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement) and the University of Angers.
Over 500 participants from all over Europe and beyond are expected, representing horticultural research and education and also the world of professionals. The symposium will involve all the sectors of horticulture. It will include oral and poster sessions and workshops from 2 to 4 July. Professional tours will be organised on the afternoon of 4 July and 5 July all day long.
The scientific sessions will cover the following six transversal topics:
1. Contribution of innovative technologies to new developments in horticulture
2. Consumer-driven sustainable supply chains management
3. Conception and assessment of innovative horticultural systems, including organic horticulture
4. Horticulture and biodiversity: contribution to its loss, conservation or increase?
5. From molecular processes to plant population functioning: towards integrative biology in horticulture
6. Landscaping and urban horticulture
For further information, please go to the symposium website: https://colloque.inra.fr/she2012 or send a message to email@example.com